Cricket Uncut

A group blog run by professional cricket writers from across the world

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Glory

While waiting at Mumbai's domestic airport for the security check, I noticed a glass showcase standing at one corner with a massive trophy in it. The trophy was almost half my size; when I was nine years old, I dare say I could have slipped inside. I wondered what it was for. Some award given to the airport, naturally, but for what? Cleanest airport? Airport with most slums outside? Most dull airport? Best domestic airport in Mumbai? I went closer to find out. On the trophy there was this inscription:
Rolling Trophy
Airport Authorities of India
Inter-Region Cricket Tournament
Winner

Congratulations. And I don't care if you can swing it both ways, keep your hands off me and use that metal detector, please. Thank you.
amit varma, 1:02 AM| email this to a friend | permalink | homepage